501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization
Winston-Salem Sportsmen Club, Inc. P.O. Box 4353
Winston-Salem, NC 27115-4353
The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County High School Sports Hall of Fame Council
A. Duties: The duties of the Council members shall be to:
1. Serve as a liaison, interpretive voice of the
Hall of Fame Program for the Winston-Salem Sportsmen Club to local community citizens.
2. Assist the
Sportsmen Club in building a positive image of the Hall of Fame.
3. Cultivate and motivate local civic leaders and
athletic support groups that will ultimately strengthen the Program.
4. Serve as Ambassadors in the local
community of the Hall of Fame.
5. Assist the Sportsmen Club in identifying prospective sponsors for the Program.
6. Contribute financially to the coffers of the Hall of Fame.
7. Solicit and receive gifts and grants from
individuals, foundations, and businesses to ensure an annual successful program.
8. Promote an endowment
fund of the Hall of Fame to guarantee it a permanent place in the community.
B. Memberships: The Council shall consist
of local citizens who are interested in and supportive of the Hall of Fame.
1. Initially, there shall
be nine (9) Council members,
2. The number of members may be increased or decreased upon recommendation of
the Council and approval of Winston-Salem Sportsmen Club.
3. The president of the Sportsmen Club and the
chair of the Hall of Fame Program committee shall serve on the Council as advisors.
C. Tenure for Council
Members: The tenure of Council members shall be:
1. Serve on the Council for a minimum of three (3) years
and a maximum of five (5) years.
2. Whenever vacancies occur on the Council, they may be filled by a vote of
the majority of the Council members with
approval of the Sportsmen Club.
3. During the tenure of
a member, if he/she wishes to resign from the Council, a letter will be acceptable.
D. Meetings of the Council: There
shall be no required number of meetings of the Council annually.
1. Initially, the Council will be asked to
meet twice annually.
2. The president of the Sportsmen Club and the chair of the Hall of Fame Program committee will
meet with the Council
and report all business transactions
The purpose of the Council and duties of the Council members are by no means final.
One of the keys to the success of this distinguished group of local citizens is flexibility.
Gloria Ingram William
Jim Bovender Tom
William Fulton Martha